Sunday, April 11, 2010

I am in a dark room. A Jdarkroom. There are lights on and still it is so dark. Dark and calming.

It is my first post on this, my first blog, An Eyrie for Thoughts. And, to prove that no person isn't not not a hypocrite, my first post will be making fun of blogs.

The first thing that always bothers me about blogs is the names. It always has to be something kind of almost-not cliche but maybe a little cool and just a touch of weird. For example, things like "Brainzludge," "HaVN't U Seen?" "Despite Concrete," or "An Eyrie for Thoughts." All of those names wouldn't really show up anywhere in normal life (Though Brainzludge would make a great Norwegian death metal band name). I'm proud to say that most of those names actually took me a few minutes to make more pathetic than I would have had them. I have seen a few cool names. For example, I just recently saw one that was something like "The House of Marrakesh." That there is a fine name for a blog. I wonder if Marrakesh is a made up word, though. I sure hope it isn't.

That's what I'm talking about.

Next, the content. Now a lot of people use blogs to complain, which is what I'm doing I suppose. See paragraph 2, sentence 2 for explanation. And I will continue to do so, but only in a humorous and family-friendly manner. Like with balloons. One thing that a lot of people with blogs do is complain specifically about politics, which I had enough of by 1992, so I will not be doing that. There may be items of the blog that has a foot dipped into politics, but never anything about a politician on one side or the other, or some policy or some such. As long as they don't outlaw pancakes I'm okay with whatever they do.

And the final thing that a lot of blogs tend to do is basically post random pictures of funny things or photos from some photographer, or talk about hypocrisy - who does that, really - in things like basketball tickets or use of the word "communism."

Probably what I will have is a weekly, bi-weekly, or whatever "Manly Mondays," where a man with chest of hair and calves of thick will be explained and praised. Like this guy:



Not always like him though. Usually less fictional.

Au revoir.

Which is French for goodbye. I'll also have things like music, movies, TV shows, actors or actresses, musicians, or ideas about writing, which I will do my best to explain in a humorous and family-friendly manner.

Like with balloons.

The possibilities are endless! Exactly the opposite of Michael Cera's future Hollywood prospects!

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment